I know it has been awhile since I posted anything, but I figured I owed you an update on my current projects.
1) I am helping to host a conference/tour of the Philadelphia Campaign on April 30-May 3. This involves a day of lectures followed by three days of bus tours. Needless to say, I am working on prepping several lectures and aspects of the tour days. For more information and to register visit this site: https://www.civilwarseminars.org/the-1777-philadelphia-campaign
2) I am currently waist deep in editing my forthcoming Germantown book which is set for release this spring. We are getting closer for those who are waiting, but we are not quite there yet.
3) Finally, I recently agreed to take part in a collaborative effort by several historians to put out a book on the 10 key campaigns of the American Revolution. I will be writing the chapter on the Philadelphia Campaign. Ed Lengel is editor for the effort. Here is the preliminary chapter/author list for the book:
1. THE SHOTS HEARD WORLD: LEXINGTON, CONCORD, AND BREED’S HILL – Glenn Williams
2. THE FOURTEENTH COLONY: QUEBEC AND THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY – Mark Anderson
3. ALL THE WORLD IS AFLOAT: BROOKLYN TO FORT LEE – Todd Braisted
4. THE TIMES THAT TRY MEN’S SOULS: THE CROSSING AND THE TEN CRUCIAL DAYS– William L. Kidder
5. TICONDEROGA TO SARATOGA – James Kirby Martin
6. THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK: BRANDYWINE TO VALLEY FORGE – Michael C. Harris
7. VALLEY FORGE TO MONMOUTH – Mark Lender
8. CHARLESTON TO KINGS MOUNTAIN AND THE PARTISAN WAR – Jack Buchanan
9. COWPENS TO GILFORD COURTHOUSE – John Maass
10. CHESAPEAKE CAPES TO YORKTOWN – Bob Selig